Before you decide to compliment a woman, you must first understand what works and what doesn’t. Not all women are alike—and not all compliments are acceptable.
There is so much distrust in the dating world that it’s very difficult to take what anyone says at face value. Some people use compliments because they are nice people, while others use them with ulterior motives.
But you are trying to give her a compliment because you’re a gentleman and you genuinely mean it. You want to make your woman feel good and bring a big smile to her face—and that’s what our New Jersey Singles dating coaches are here to help you do.
The Wrong Way to Compliment a Woman
Many men think they can just give women any type of compliment, but that’s not the case. Many times men fail miserably when giving compliments and we’ll show you how so you don’t do the same.
- Do not give her compliments based solely on her looks, especially if you just met her.
Every woman likes being appreciated for her looks; however, that’s not what they value the most. It is perfectly fine to compliment her on her appearance, but only once the two of you are comfortable with one another. Otherwise, your compliment will come off as shallow and she’ll think you have ulterior motives.
- Do not compliment her on body parts.
Again, unless the two of you have been dating for a while, you never want to compliment a woman only on her body. She will think you have ulterior motives and that you’re only after one thing.
- Never compliment her on her age.
It is a given that women don’t like getting older. And you already know it’s somewhat a taboo topic. If she is a mature women, you never want to give her a compliment on her age.
- Do not compliment her by telling her she’s different than other women.
Being ‘unlike’ any other woman is not a compliment. It will seem insincere in her eyes. Being more or less than other women is not a compliment—don’t ever make comparisons with women.
- Do not compliment her on her body shape.
Again, you don’t want to give her a compliment on her body shape, especially if you don’t know her insecurities yet.
- Do not compliment her on her earnings.
Don’t act impressed if she tells you she earns a lot, and don’t ever patronize her by saying things like, “Wow,” or “That’s crazy.”
- Do not put expirations on your compliments.
The last thing you want to do when complimenting her is to end your compliment with “tonight” or “today.” Why? Well, because you are saying that she only looks good tonight or only looks great today—that’s not the way you want to go.
Compliments to Make Her Weak in the Knees
Now that you know what not to say to women, our New Jersey Singles dating coaches will provide you with a list of amazing things you can say. Use any variation you want, but don’t forget to really mean it.
- That’s a job well done. “You’re amazing at what you do. I’m so proud you have achieved so much in life.”
- Being caring. “I can’t believe how lucky I am to have a partner as loving and caring as you. I definitely got lucky in life when I met you.”
- How funny she is. “You always make me laugh and help me let loose and have a good time.”
- Supporting her dreams and goals. “I know this is what you want to pursue and I’m confident you can do it. I love how passionate you are about your goals and dreams.”
- Her supporting your goals. “You inspire me to be the best person I can be. I’m so glad to have you in my life.”
- Her presence in your life. “I’m the luckiest man alive to have you by my side.”
- Her courage. “You are a brave woman and I’m proud of how much you accomplish when you put your mind to it, even when the odds are against you.”
- Her help. “Thanks for helping me with my problems. I don’t know what I would have done without you by my side.”
- Her hobbies & interests. “I think your passion for working out (volunteering, fostering animals, or whatever it is she’s passionate about) is inspiring. I love that you’re not afraid to do what you love.”
- Her communication skills. “I love talking to you. I’m so happy when we communicate openly and honestly… It is so refreshing.”
- Her tastes. “You have fantastic taste, this is an excellent choice. I’m glad you went with that.”
- Time together. “I love how we spend time together and do things that make us feel closer to each other.”
- How happy she makes you feel. “I feel great when I’m in your presence. You always put a smile on my face.”
- How she makes you feel emotionally. “You make me feel loved and cared for, even when I’m at my lowest.”
- The way she makes you become a better person. “You are the person that changed my life for the better.”
- Her kindness. “You make my heart melt with all the love you give me.”
- Her power. “You are a very powerful woman who is capable of achieving anything in life.”
- The love she has for you. “You make me feel like the luckiest man in the world. You being by my side completes me.”
Giving your woman a compliment doesn’t have to be so difficult. By using the guidelines provided by our New Jersey Singles dating coaches, you’ll be able to give your woman a compliment that will absolutely make her heart flutter.
If you’re not meeting the right women on your own, contact our New Jersey Singles expert matchmakers and let us introduce you to relationship-minded single women in NJ that are the perfect fit for you!
Call us at 1 (888) 417-0020 to set up your FREE, no-obligation consultation today!